Student Council Membership
Student Council Members have a specific job. It is expected that all members will fulfill their obligations. Students who are not able to make a complete commitment to Student Council will be asked to resign their position.
- Plan school events;
- Work with administration and other organizations to address important school issues;
- Stay in touch with classmates and voice their opinions to the council;
- Represent Chaska High School at Lake Conference workshops and leadership training;
- Maintain a “C” average;
- Develop and participate in community service projects;
- Attend and participate in all meetings of the Student Council;
- Serve on committees, work, and attend all Student Council functions while embodying the Student Council Mission and fulfilling the role of a Student Council member and leader;
- Application process and timeline.
The application process is designed to be both fair and effective in determining the best fit for Student Council Membership. The application process is deliberately not a popularity contest. Student Council strives to be a representation of all students and student groups at Chaska High School, and all students are welcome and invited to apply.
April (Second Week)
- Student Council sponsors a week advertising what Student Council does and visiting classrooms inviting students to apply.
- Student Council hosts open forums to answer questions.
- A presentation and applications are given to ninth graders.
April/May (Fourth Week or First Week)
- Applications are due
- Applicants sign up for an interview time
- Applications are reviewed by current Executive Board and advisors
- Students interested in an Executive Board position introduce themselves and declare intent to the whole Student Council
May (Second Week)
- Interviews are conducted.
- New Student Council is posted.
May (Third Week)
- Students running for an Executive Board position answer questions in front of incoming Student Council.
- Incoming Student Council votes on Executive Board.
- Votes are tallied and new Executive Board is announced.
June (First Week)
- End-of-the-Year Celebration for old Executive Board and members and welcoming of new Executive Board and members.
- Executive Board meets for leadership training, team building and preliminary planning for coming school year.
- Entire Student Council meets to get acquainted and to start thinking about Homecoming.