Link Crew Freshman Orientation is Tuesday, August 29 from 8am-12pm in the Main Gym of Chaska High School.
The Link Crew freshman orientation and transition program is designed to both welcome and support freshmen by assigning them a junior or senior Link Leader as a mentor during this first year. This Link Leader is a responsible older student who was hand selected from a large pool of applicants and has met the qualifications of being a good role model and a positive leader on our campus. The following is some information to let you know what you and your student can expect in advance of their first day of school.
- Your student can expect to receive an invitation to Freshman Orientation Day in the mail. If he or she has not received the invitation by August 14, 2017, please call the main office at 952-556-7100 and request one.
- Your student is encouraged not to bring backpacks, purses or other like items as the day is quite active.
- Please make sure that your student wears comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement. Students will be sitting on the floor, moving around, and standing up.
- This is a student only function so we encourage you to let your child attend on her or his own.
Please note this event is for freshman only and there is no alternative date if your student is unable to attend.
Please come to Registration Night 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 8 in the blue forum at Chaska High School to hear from counselors and teachers about courses and programs. Here is some additional information:
- February 5 – February 8: Students will receive a registration guide and registration materials.
- Thursday, February 8: Registration meeting at CHS with counselors and teachers for parents(s) / guardian(s) in the Blue House Forum.
- February 5 – February 20: – Students will be allowed access on student or parent portal to enter course requests on their own time. Registration closes at 7:00 am on February 21.