School Picture IDs, Parking Permits, Planners and Schedule Distribution
Monday, August 20 Tuesday, August 21
All Students 8:00am – 6:00pm All Students 8:00am – 4:00pm
*Note: We cannot release schedules or sell parking permits prior to these dates if you are unable to attend back-to-school days.
Printed copies of student schedules will be distributed on Monday, August 20 & Tuesday, August 21. Students in grades 9-11 must have their picture taken for their school ID prior to picking up their schedule. Schedules will also be available in portal beginning the evening of August 21 under your student’s name, then reports. Students must pick up their own schedule and may not pick up schedules for other students.
Students in grades 9-11 are required to have pictures taken for Student IDs. There is no charge for a picture ID taken by Lifetouch. Optional packages are available for purchase. Lifetouch picture packets are available when pictures are taken or you can order your package up to two weeks in advance at: http://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/pictureDayId/MI298034Y0
If you are unable to make it to one of the days above, there is a make-up picture day on September 5. Picture retake day is October 5.
**Seniors who attended Chaska High School last year do not need to have their picture taken for a school ID or to pick up their schedule. Their junior picture will be used for their ID. Seniors who are new to Chaska High School need to have their picture taken for a school ID.
Students may purchase parking permits in the purple office beginning August 20. In order to purchase a permit you must have all books, uniforms and instruments returned and/or all fines paid, complete the permit application with signatures of both the student and parent/guardian and present a valid driver’s license in person. Applications can be found on our website the beginning of August under Students then Parking Information or in the purple office beginning August 20. Parking permits are $220.00 for the year and must be paid in full (no payment plans).
When: Wednesday, August 29th from 8am-12pm
Where: Main Gym at Chaska High School
The Link Crew freshman orientation and transition program is designed to both welcome and support freshmen by assigning them a junior or senior Link Leader as a mentor during this first year. This Link Leader is a responsible older student who was hand selected from a large pool of applicants and has met the qualifications of being a good role model and a positive leader on our campus. The following is some information to let you know what you and your student can expect in advance of their first day of school.
- Your student can expect to receive an invitation to Freshman Orientation Day in the mail. If he or she has not received the invitation by August 20, 2018, please call the main office at 952-556-7100 to request one.
- Your student is encouraged not to bring backpacks, purses or other like items as the day is quite active.
- Please make sure that your student wears comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement. Students will be sitting on the floor, moving around, and standing up.
- Bussing will not be provided. Please make appropriate arrangements.
Please note – there is no make-up date for this event if your student is unable to attend.
You Are Invited – Wednesday, August 29th!
Attend one or all of the events! Parking is available on both sides of CHS; however, the West Parking Lot and Activities entrance is closest to the gym. Schedule of Events:
6-6:30pm Parent/Student Activities Fair in the Commons – all are welcome
- Visit with representatives from Athletics Office, Nurses Office, Main Office, School Nutrition, Booster Club, Parent Leadership Council, Parent Education and Student Organizations.
- All families who visit the Chaska Hawks School Store can pick-up (1) free window cling.
6:30-7:00pm – New Student Orientation in the CHS Gymnasium – Any student who is new to CHS and their families
- Welcome to CHS. Learn about your school. Celebrate being a Hawk.
7:00-8:15pm – Back to School Kick-Off & Curriculum Night in Entire School – all are welcome
- All parents and students are invited to our annual Back to School Kick-Off
- The entire building will be open and teachers will be in classrooms.
- Students and parents can walk their schedule, find and open lockers, meet teachers and learn about classes while connecting with other students and families.
Type: conference Opponent: St. Paul Johnson
Type: conference Opponent: St Paul Humboldt Adapted
Type: conference Opponent: North/Tartan
Type: conference Opponent: South Washington-Adapted
Type: conference Opponent: Dakota United-Adapted
Type: conference Opponent: Minneapolis Adapted