The following is an outline of Parent Teacher Conferences for this school year. First Parent/Student Teachers Conferences are Tuesday, October 16. Click here for a list of teacher availability on October 16th.
- Tuesday, October 16: 3:30pm – 7:30pm
- Thursday, November 1: 3:30pm – 7:30pm
- Friday, November 2: 8:00am – 10:00am
- Thursday, February 28: 3:30 pm – 7:30pm
- Thursday, March 14: 3:30 pm – 7:30pm
Conferences are conducted arena style in the Commons. You may park on the west side of the building and enter through the activities door. Please bring your student with you to conferences as they are an integral part of the process.
Prior to arriving for conferences you should look-up/print your student’s progress report from Parent Portal. This report will show your student’s current grades and teacher’s names. Please note that paper copies of student’s grades and/or schedules will not be distributed at conferences. You can locate the progress report in Parent Portal under Reports. If you have not already activated your Parent Portal account, this would be a great time to sign up. Staff will be available at the welcome table.
We are also conducting informational mini-sessions during conferences on Tuesday, October 16. Session titles/locations/times are as follows:
- Learn how to use the MCIS (Minnesota Career Information System) that your student uses for career and college exploration from 4:00pm-6:00pm in the CRC. Mrs. Halvorson will be available to demonstrate how to do occupation, college and scholarship sorts and much more.
- Financial Aid Night will take place at 6:30 pm in the Chaska High School Blue Forum. A college financial aid administrator will be presenting on the FAFSA process for seniors and their families, but all grade levels are welcome to attend. The FAFSA site, fafsa.ed.gov opens on October 1, 2018 for current high school seniors to enter their information. Financial Aid Estimators are now available on individual college websites, www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov, and www.getreadyforcollege.org.
- NCAA athletic compliance information session will take place on October 29 at 6:30pm in the Chaska High School Blue Forum. It will be presented by the U of M, intended for 9-11 grade students (and their parents) interested in planning for and participating in collegiate athletics.
- National College Fair at the Minneapolis Convention Center: Wed. Oct. 24 – 9:00am – 12:00pm and 5:00– 8:00pm; Thurs. Oct. 25 – 9:00am-12:00pm. Over 400 colleges from around the country, preregistration encouraged at gotomyncf.com(bring your barcode). FREE bus available for the Wednesday evening session. See Mrs. Halvorson in the CRC for a permission form. Students and parents encouraged to ride the bus!
- Military Information Night on November 8 from 6:30pm-7:30pm in the Chanhassen High School Forum.
Thank you for your ongoing support of Chaska High School. We look forward to seeing you at conferences.